Sunday 8 September 2013

Half way there.

We are now into the second half of the tournament. Congratulations to all those who are still in several events, you have done well. The unfortunate effect of that is of course, you will have a busy week. I would like to point out that nearly all matches have been arranged as early in the 2 weeks as they possibly could, so if you were light of matches early on, and now still have a lot to play, this was purely down to availability issues. You might have been available to play, but your partner or opponents probably were not.
I will do my best to space out your remaining games, but some will have to play back to back matches. I managed it yesterday, so anyone can (although I lost them both).
Working towards finals weekend, most scheduling is looking OK with one glaring exception, but we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
I hope that everyone is enjoying the tennis, it certainly looks that way, and I wish a speedy recovery to all the injured.

Andy - Tournament Dictator

Tim considers the slope on court 3